MIA Sponsor: IELTS Australia
International English Language Testing System (IELTS)
Taking an English language test is an important aspect of migrating to Australia. IELTS is an English language testing system that puts people first.
- Over 1.9 million IELTS tests were taken in 2012;
- Results are accepted by over 7,000 organisations worldwide, including Australian, Canadian, UK and New Zealand governments and many professional registration bodies;
- The test is offered up to four times a month on Thursdays and Saturdays by test centres in more than 130 countries;
- IELTS results are available just 13 calendar days after the test;
- Your clients will be welcomed by professional staff in comfortable testing centres across the world. Over 500 official test centres in more than 800 locations across the world offer the IELTS test. Every test centre operates to the same rigorous standards to deliver a consistent experience wherever the IELTS test is taken.
Find the nearest IELTS test centre and test dates for your clients.
Designed to be realistic, for the real world
IELTS is designed to be a real-life test for the real world. It was the original four-skill English test that gives people the opportunity to prove their skills in:
- and Speaking.
- Importantly, your clients will be given a personal, one-on-one Speaking test. Speaking to a real person has been shown to be more comfortable than speaking into a machine and research shows that people perform better when tested face-to-face with an examiner. Your client will not be interrupted or distracted by other test takers during their Speaking test.
IELTS Masterclasses – free for your clients
Across many cities in Australia your clients can join an IELTS Masterclass. This free, 90 minute seminar is designed for people seeking to achieve an IELTS band 7.
Register a place at an IELTS Masterclass at www.IELTSessentials.com/masterclass
Practical Advice for individuals re-sitting the IELTS test
Taking the IELTS test several times over the course of a few months is not advised as a way to improve results.
People who are sitting the test in order to achieve a high band score are invited to attend free IELTS Masterclasses hosted by IDP: IELTS Australia. For more details and upcoming dates, visit IELTSessentials.com. The IELTS Masterclass is a 90 minute seminar that caters for people who are already familiar with the format of the test.
How do the IELTS band scores work?
There is no pass or fail in IELTS. Results are given as band scores on a scale from 1 (the lowest) to 9 (the highest). Read more here on how band scores are calculated and the assessment criteria.
IELTS Australia can help if your client requires an emergency place in an IELTS test in Australia. You’ll be asked to show evidence of their need. Complete the email form below to request an emergency place within Australia.
Information Sessions for Migration Agents
CPD seminars on IELTS are being offered in many Australian capital cities by IELTS Australia. These information sessions are specifically designed for migration agents to familiarize agents with:
- IELTS as a test of international English (not simply the Australian version of English or British English or American English)
- The test format and assessment criteria
- Differences between the Academic and General Training versions of the test
- The IELTS examiner system for selecting, training, certification and monitoring
- The unbiased nature of the test for all cultures
- Security of the test
- Insights from research illustrating how we learn language and how language skills need to be maintained
- Complete the enquiry form below for more details on information sessions nearest you.
Who Owns and Manages IELTS?
Three global organisations have worked as partners since 1989 to develop and deliver IELTS across the globe. The test is now available in more than 800 cities and towns in 130 countries.
IELTS is jointly owned by IDP: IELTS Australia, British Council and Cambridge English Language Assessment.
Across Australia, a network of test centres is overseen by IDP: IELTS Australia, including test centres at many of Australia’s top universities, in regional towns and in easily accessible CBD locations. Testing is available in more than 40 locations nationwide.
Contact IELTS Australia
For further assistance email: email@example.com or complete the below enquiry form.
To find out more contact:
Search Ed & Events
Migrating to Australia
Do you want to visit, work, study or live in Australia? The following information will be of value to you.