ACMER Lecture Series: Slavery and Migration Law
- Venue: MIA National Office - Level 3, 83 York St, Sydney.
- Time: 5:30pm - 6:30pm 13 April 2011
- State: New South Wales and Australian Capital Territory
Jennifer Burn, Director of the Anti-Slavery Project at the University of Technology, Sydney will deliver a lecture discussing how slavery and migration coincide.
This inaugural lecture, forming part of the Australian Centre for Migration, Education & Research Lecture Series (ACMER), will raise awareness of slavery in Australia and identify how community members and members of the immigration advice profession can assist in eliminating this human rights abuse in our own backyard.
Jennifer Burn will discuss:
- What is slavery?
- Is slavery prevalent in Australian society?
- What is the Australian Government response to slavery?
- How can one identify slavery?
- How does slavery coincide within migration law?
- How can Registered Migration Agents, Lawyers, Students and concerned community members assist in this field?
This public interest seminar is available free of charge for members, community representatives and interested parties.
Search Ed & Events
- VIC State Conference - 2 Day Program
- Extraordinary Stories of Migration
- Mining Skills Australia Summit 2013
- Introduction to Twitter for Small Businesses: Grow your business, increase your outreach and stay connected
- Free Online Session: Medibank
- Skilled Migration National Employer Conference
- Free Online Session: Tax Tips for RMAs
- National forum on young people from refugee backgrounds