Affiliate: Education Agent
The Institute is pleased to announce the creation of an Affiliate category to allow Education Agents to join a professional association capable of representing their needs and advocating on the industry's behalf.
We understand Education Agents are frustrated by the misrepresentations of Government and the media and the reputational damage done by rogue operators, with the current Student Visa program and the increased competition from the UK and USA for foreign student enrolments.
The marketplace needs clarity, and through the establishment of this new category, we aim to provide surety to both providers and clients that engaging an Education Agent endorsed by the MIA will ensure professional and ethical conduct.
For more information, see:
- Education Agent Brochure (PDF) (616 Kb)
- Membership Application (PDF) (249 Kb)
- Frequently Asked Questions (PDF) (279 Kb)
- the Media release announcing the new Affiliate category.
Please contact us for more information on how to join your professional association.
Code of Ethics
All Education Agents who become Affiliates of the Institute are required to adhere to the statements represented in the Code of Ethics.
As an Affiliate Education Agent of the Migration Institute of Australia, you agree to:
- continually strive towards lifting the standard of Education Agents within the Australian and International communities
- act at all times in a manner which upholds and enhances the integrity and dignity of those working within the international education environment
- be open and honest with clients at all times in regards to the scope of services available
- inform your clients that as per the Migration Act 1958, you cannot provide migration advice (unless also registered as Migration Agent)
- commit to ongoing professional development throughout their career and to actively assist and encourage their fellow members to advance their professional knowledge and experience
- comply with the relevant Acts, Regulations and MIA Code of Conduct when dealing with clients
- make no representation regarding the provision of services that are false or misleading and to fully disclose all applicable charges for services, as well as the scope of the services to be provided prior to engaging a client
- recognise and respect the rights, dignity and individuality of all persons. A member shall not discriminate or knowingly permit discrimination on the basis of race, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, religion, age or disability
- avoid conflicts of interest at all times with regard to professional activities, financial considerations or other interests. At such time as a member becomes aware that an actual apparent or potential conflict of interest exists, the member must make a full disclosure to the appropriate parties
Template letter (membership criteria)
When applying to become an Affiliate Education Agent of the Migration Institute of Australia, you are required to provide three (3) independent references from CRICOS approved providers to support your application.
Click here to view a template of such a letter / reference.
Search Ed & Events
Migrating to Australia
Do you want to visit, work, study or live in Australia? The following information will be of value to you.