CPD: Take the next step
Complete your professional development with Australia's most comprehensive CPD program.
The Migration Institute of Australia is the only provider approved by the Office of the Migration Agents Registration Authority to run every format of professional development. From online classrooms and private study modules to face to face seminars, advanced level workshops and large industry conferences, the Institute is the leading education provider for migration advice professionals.
The MIA offers face to face seminars and workshops in every major capital city, as well as online real time seminars and twenty private study modules, allowing agents to complete CPD in their own time (including all four mandatory subjects).
Professional development is not just a regulatory requirement - it's designed to keep agents up to date, informed and well positioned to provide the best advice about available options to their clients.
Courses are offered over three levels to meet the needs and interests of RMAs.
BASIC: Programs designed to kickstart new agents in building their practices and introductory courses covering a range of visa topics
INTERMEDIATE: Streamlined courses designed to develop and grow agents' practices through the understanding of complex legislation and policy
ADVANCED: Master Classes and workshops providing analysis of discrete aspects of migration law pitched at the experienced practitioner.
Here's five ways you can complete ten points with the Institute.
- Register for three CPD workshops tackling Complex Issues and Case Studies. These interactive sessions cover the tricky issues in a practical manner. Make up your 10th point by completing a mandatory private study module. That’s 10 points achieved in just over 10 hours!
- Sign up for 10 online seminars. Held once a fortnight at 5:00pm AEST time - you’ll be able to complete all 10 points from the comfort of your own office. Providing overviews of visa classes and updates on legislation, online seminars are an efficient and enjoyable way of meeting your CPD requirements.
- Like to network with fellow Members and hear from industry stakeholders? The MIA offers seminars and conferences in each major capital city. Held throughout the year, attending a variety of these in your closest location will enable you to complete 10 CPD points and expand your professional networks.
- Time’s an issue? We hear you! If you’ve been an agent for more than three years, you can complete 10 points in one day with the MPE CPD Express Program. Held in Melbourne and Sydney three times a year, these workshops are interactive and practical nature, with content pitched at an advanced level.
- Complete one of the MIA’s Australian Centre for Migration Education and Research (ACMER) Credentialled courses, from the Practice Ready Program (PRP) for new agents to the Applied Immigration and Practice Management Assessment for those pursuing the next step in their professional practice.
Search Ed & Events
Migrating to Australia
Do you want to visit, work, study or live in Australia? The following information will be of value to you.