Benefits of Membership
Take the next step with your migration practice and add prestige to your professional career.
Join the peak professional body for migration agents today.
The Migration Institute of Australia (MIA) provides the migration advice profession’s most comprehensive membership offering, with a membership package centred on the professional and business needs of migration agents, their support staff and students working toward the Graduate Certificate in Migration Law and Practice.
No other organisation rivals the Institute in providing high quality education, advocacy, professional support and advisory services in the migration field.
A voice that listens to your needs
The MIA is unmatched in the depth of professional support it offers Members, including:
- Email Notices of policy and legislative changes as they happen and a weekly email newsletter covering topical stories and issues of interest to the profession
- The MIA's Migration and Citizenship Case Law Newsfeed, distributed to all Members regularly
- Professional support from the Institute’s in house Registered Migration Agents (RMAs)
Advocacy and Representation
A voice that represents you
Being a Member of the MIA provides agents with a voice in petitioning government, regulators and the media on issues affecting the profession and individualised support on client and ethical matters.
On behalf of its Members, the Institute:
- Prepares submissions and makes representations to government on legislative, regulatory, policy and procedural issues
- Provides advice on complaints lodged with the Office of the Migration Agents Registration Authority (MARA)
- Prepares press statements and acts as the profession’s advocate in popular and industry media
Education and Training
Advancing your knowledge while adding value to your business
The MIA's Australian Centre for Migration Education and Research is the leading industry educator and the Institute conducts more than 200 seminars nationally and online through a variety of study options designed to fit Members’ schedules and needs.
MIA educational offerings include:
- Advanced level workshops from expert presenters and industry leaders
- Live face to face and online classroom courses covering dozens of topics, continually updated to reflect legislative and regulatory changes
- Self-guided Private Study Modules to be viewed, read or navigated at Members’ convenience
Professional and Personal Benefits
Be rewarded for your membership
The MIA offers discounts and benefits to assist Members in saving time and money, including:
- Free travel insurance for you and your family
- Discounted specialist Professional Indemnity (PI) and other insurances
- Discounts on all MIA CPD courses, events and publications
- The opportunity to earn referral commission through the MIA’s corporate partners and sponsors
- Free online job posting and advertising and placement within the "Find an Agent" facility on the MIA website
- Access to the MIA's Standard Agreement template and the MIA Members logo for web and marketing uses
Search Ed & Events
Migrating to Australia
Do you want to visit, work, study or live in Australia? The following information will be of value to you.